Tuesday, July 1, 2008

copyright

have you used images or words on your web page or website that contravene copyright laws?

I have not used any images in my website that contravene copyright laws. I designed my image in Photoshop, and I used it in my website. I used 'chef.gif' from the tutorial website; 'pagetutor.com', which states: "Let's get into putting images into a web page" (p. 1). This image was designed for students to use according to the tutor's permission.



Would you be in breach of copyright if you put the Curtin logo at the top of your web page for an assignment?

From the Curtin website I found the following:

Curtin University material
"Material in which Curtin University owns copyright, and which is not classified as 'Confidential', may be copied without any requirement for special permission to be granted (Notification of the originator would be a courtesy). There are no limits to the amount that can be copied or the form of reproduction or communication. Access should normally be restricted to Curtin staff and students. Make it clear on any copies or communication of the material that Curtin is the copyright owner".


The use of Curtin logo for students’ assignment appeared to be legible to use for student assignment purposes. However, the use of the logo does not necessarily require written formal permission from the originator. If the logo is attached to the assignment and is being published outside the Curtin Organization, it is legally imperative to ask permission to do so, with the logo clearly visible on the document.

No comments: