Sunday, June 8, 2008

MODULE 1

MODULE(1)
TASK 1

In this task, students were asked to telnet to Deakin University Library and search for books

written by authors with the surname 'Bennahum'. Initially telnet software was downloaded, which consisted of the following steps:

1- I typed 'telnet client' in the address bar, then I downloaded normally .

2 – From the 'start' button I pressed 'RUN' and typed 'telnet'.
A black screen then appeared. I then typed 'O', telnet wrote: , then I typed 'Deakin University Library'.

3- 'V' type terminal was selected (based on the computer's prompts).

4- In the search screen I typed 'A' for author.

5- Following steps four, I then typed in the author's surname: 'Bennahum'.

6- The correct result then appeared from the search.
I then typed my email address for the reuslt to be sent to my account.

7- Checked my email and I found the result posted.


No comments: